Shirlene D. Ostrov was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi and now resides in the beautiful town of Mililani with her husband Mark and their 15-year-old twin daughters, Jessica and Julia.
Presently, Shirlene is the President and CEO of Ares Mobility Solutions, based out of Washington D.C. She is also a Co-founder and Chairwoman of Hālau Nohona Hawaiʻi, which is a non-profit Hawaiian cultural school, also located in Washington D.C. Additionally, she serves on the Board of Directors of the Women’s Mentorship Network, a nationwide organization that is dedicated to helping women.
In 2014, she retired from the United States Air Force as a Colonel after 23 years active duty service. She had multiple assignments during her military tenure and served in several key leadership roles including Squadron and Group Commander, Liaison for the State Department and Intern for the Deputy Secretary of Defense.
MILITARY AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
· Legion of Merit
· Bronze Star
· Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
· Joint Service Commendation Medal
· Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
· Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
· Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
· Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
· Air Force Achievement Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Shirlene Ostrov is a retired United States Air Force officer. Use of her military rank, job titles, and photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement by the Department of the Air Force or the Department of Defense.